Saturday, January 26, 2008

1/72 MiG-23



This project was one of two I did for a Soviet themed group-build on the FineScale Modeler forums. For those who haven't heard of them, group builds are where folks decide to build projects of a common theme while posting their progress and whatnot. The catch is, they generally have deadlines - and therein lies the rub for me, at least in this stage of my life - deadlines are just plain hard to meet for me. I still enjoyed the experience, and if your free time is more predictable than mine, group builds can be a fun way to partake of the hobby.

It was simple and straightforward construction. Decent fit and all that. Cockpit was simple, but the canopy doesn't allow too much of a view in there anyway.

Kit: Hasegawa
Scale: 1/72
Markings: VVS
Date: 2006
Aftermarket: None

No comments: