Thursday, January 10, 2008

1/48 AH-1



I got this old Monogram kit on-line somewhere. Either E-bay or a classified post on AOL (back in the days when AOL comprised the extent of my awareness of the internet). The kit decals weren't really all that interesting, so I searched for some aftermarket options and found a sheet from Twobobs. The sheet had options for AH-1's from Japan, Jordan, and Bahrain. I settled on Bahrain for two reasons - First it had a 1 color paint scheme that used a color I already had (the camouflage schemes for Jordan and Japan would have required either a mail order, or a long drive, for more paint). Second, Bahrain was the first port call we had on my first cruise - after 160 straight days at sea. And there you have it.

Kit: Monogram
Scale: 1/48
Markings: Bahrain
Date: 2002
Aftermarket: Twobobs Decals

No comments: