Friday, March 7, 2008

General Lee




Every once in a while, it's cool to venture outside your normal "genre" and try something different.

This is the first car model I've attempted since I was in junior high, back when I was applying heavy, sloppy coats of Testor's gloss enamels (which may still not have fully cured).

Knowing my affinity for modeling, and recalling my enduring appreciation of The Dukes of Hazard television show, this kit was a Christmas gift from my family, and I undertook it as a break from some of my more involved aircraft projects.

To be honest, gloss finishes still rather intimidate me, however I found Gunze Aqueous Hobby Color to be pretty idiot proof in its application (even if I did choose an orange that was a shade or two too light). To protect the decals I applied Future floor polish full strength though my airbrush. Not a flawless job, but better than I had anticipated!

Kit: AMT/ERTL
Scale: 1/24 (I think)
Markings: "General Lee"
Date: 2007
Aftermarket: None

No comments: