Sunday, August 10, 2008

1/72 EA-6B Prowler






Another Hasegawa Prowler. This time, I replaced the kit seats with resin examples from True Details. These are great seats, but they turn out to be a little wider than the space for them in the kit cockpit tub. Some judicious sanding of seats and tub was required to get them to fit, but the finished product doesn't really show it. I also used the Eduard photo-etch set to dress things up (especially the cockpit).

The decals were from the kit - I wanted to do a VMAQ-2 bird from the days when they were still the Playboys, before the political-correctness witch-hunts of the early 1990s. The white paint is Tamiya XF-2, the gray is from Gunze, and the tan and black are from Testors. I'm becoming an increasingly big fan of both Tamiya and Gunze acrylics.

It will be last one I get to do for a while, as soon I have to move.

Kit: Hasegawa
Scale: 1/72
Markings: VMAQ-2
Date: 2008
Aftermarket: True Details resin seats, Eduard photo-etch brass detail set

No comments: