Saturday, February 2, 2008

1/72 Viggen





Another group build over at FSM, and another opportunity for me to fall behind the timeline. The kit was a relatively old Hasegawa offering, and while initially I thought the green splinter camo paint job the Swedes used would be cool, I came to find out the airframe represented in the kit was a preproduction model that would never have worn that paint scheme. So, I went with this early, preproduction look. It also gave me a chance to use Alcad for the metal finish, which I highly recommend.

There was no detail inside the rather large tailpipe, so to suggest the presence of an engine I did a little scratchbuilding with styrene strip. Installed, painted and weathered, it looked, well, ALMOST convincing... Other than that, the project was out-of-the-box.


Kit: Hasegawa
Scale: 1/72
Markings: Swedish Air Force, preproduction
Date: 2006
Aftermarket: Scratchbuilt tailpipe interior

No comments: